Wow, ok, so I have just roughly marked out on Google Earth, two of the checkpoints which I have got on my course guide map. The reason for this is to get an estimate mileage of these points and for you guys to see, what I am talking about.
Anyway, the distance between checkpoint 13 and the finish is around the ten mile mark which is a good beginning practice mileage, there and back, I think. What I plan to do is go to the start/finish line on my motorbike and run to checkpoint thirteen and back (around 20 miles), which will then allow me to get two clear uncompetitive views of the track, and to make mistakes now rather than later… the reason I am going backwards from the finish line (and will carry on that way in the coming weeks), is because I know that that’s when I would be at my most tired, most clumsy, weak and mentally dull. And if its night time, then that will make navigating the track even harder, but if I learn now, I will if I get this far, know where to go.
Maybe I sound like I’m expecting to get to this point… I am… whether I make it or not is another matter, but oh god, I really do want to get to that point very bad.
I have never been to this little bit of the lakes before and might camp there on my run which I’ll probably spend all Saturday (not this) doing. I can then get a feel for what the hell I am really letting myself in for…
I will be running in what I have which will be some cheap trainers, army shorts and a top, until I can get some decent equipment.
Links of interest:

No comments:
Post a Comment