Friday, 4 February 2011

Week 1 (officially) nearly completed

     Ok, well, last night I completed the longest run I have done in about 6 years… those years went by fast. I ran six miles; I took no shortcuts and have been very pleasantly surprised with my progress. So it goes like this… Tuesday I ran 3.5 miles; it was a beautiful starry night as I head up into the Forest of Bowland, pitch black, big… I look out at clougha pike’s black silhouette against the stars, and lighter clouds and I thought to myself… that’s about 4 miles away, that is only thee very, very beginning of my run and I had already run 2 mile by this point. It was good to see, to realise quite what I’m taking on. Anyway, onm the way back from this run, I stopped in the gym, and went on the rowing machine, and did some leg curls and pull ups then off I went to finish.

below is the 4mile run, then the 6 mile run and then the 3.5. all around the Lancaster area, still on roads, i don't want to push myself to early to break. the 6 miler if you have noticed is in orange, that's because its getting harder, its one of my longer runs. the others will be green, and the runs on Saturday will be red.


     Second day, I made a man nearly dump himself as I had again been running in the pitch black , this time of the canal, he could just here my footsteps and breathing, I imagine his hair stood on the back of his neck, suddenly transformed into a primitive man, instincts firing up, like they may have done when we had our natural predators.

     Now on to last night… I thought I would challenge myself. I realised a bit back that I will be doing most of this run when I’m shattered, so I thought it would be good practice to go to uni, work all day, then go to work (at the Penny Street Bridge-http://www.pennystreetbridge-hotel.co.uk/), finish at 23.30 then come home get dressed and go on my longest run yet.
     I must say I was surprised. My feet kept getting hot spots (beginning of the blister process) during my first two runs, but this one, they were non-existent. I have noticed, right away, that my knees have started feeling strong again. They have been weak for so long and the tendons etc. died away because they were not being used, so my knees always felt tired, now they feel lubricated and alive again! To be honest though my Feet, feel like they’re flat ha-ha, the have this dull ache and feel flat.  My endurance from my passed creeped up on me, as I was not out of breath, not in the slightest, I was breathing just as I am sat at this pc typing this, my body acclimatized to the change, I wasn’t sweating like a mad man, it took me 2 hours.
‘Hot footed camping at night in the jungle’ was actually something I tried to picture in my head on the run to be able to remember all the little details… it seems to have worked.
Now I thought about a tent to run with, I could take my tarp, however those Lakeland winds can be extremely strong and could catch the entrance and lift off would commence. I was thinking of asking a friend too see if I could perhaps borrow his very small bivvi tent as it weighs about half a kilogram if I remember correctly. See I would be riding my motorbike up so the big bag wouldn’t be very good for the bike, and definitely not good for running with, I could just take my usual uni bag and strap it to my waist with some funky knot, which will be my only option should my mate idea fail.
lots of mindless typing here, quite journal like, so thanks for putting up with this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment