Friday, 4 February 2011

Kit

     Gear I want to try and get funding for, is quite essential to the success of my run. If I wear cheap badly designed footwear, I could get blisters in minutes. The shoes im wearing at present are some very cheap rip offs of asics, as far as I can tell) http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_283010267097_-1?CMP=OTC-GOOGLEPS, that are not the most comfy pair of trainers ive ever worn. They will be no good what so ever for fell running as I can feel the cracks in the pavement through the extra soft sole. Ok, so the cheap trainers are good, they’re allowing me to do this training and I really appreciate having them. And for gym training, circuit training, etc they are excellent and all you would require, but for the run I will need something a little more specialist, due to the very nature of the course and its length, and so if I have any chance of completing it, then it will require just a couple of essential items. Footwear, Bag and Headlight. The shorts and t-shirts are secondary, and I already have most of the first aid kits, bivvi survival bags, wet gear etc that I have with me while I do my proper camping…

     The pair of trainers I have read on, researching how effective they are at gripping wet rocks in the lakes, at keeping your feet dry/ish, comfy, Long lasting/ build quality and reputation. The pair I have found are called ‘inov8 Roclite 295’. As you can see they appear well built and I have tried these on in my local outdoors shop and they were very comfy in comparison to my cheap rip-off trainers.  http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/roclite-295-p153418- as you can see they’re around £75 - £90.
The headlight I have researched, well a few, are Myo XP by PETZL- £45 – £60 - http://www.arco.co.uk/1/1/2858-petzl-myo-xp-led-headlamp.html
     Lenser H7 with 160 lumens and adjustable beam £40 - £60 http://www.thetorchsite.co.uk/LED_Lenser_H7_Head_Torch.html
And for the bags, I really could do with something light but more importantly, one that wont jump around all over my back as im running, which will chaffe my back and become increasingly sore.

anyway, there  will be more about kit in up-coming posts.

1 comment:

  1. If you don't want your bag to chaff get a rucksack with wheels from the link provided. just kidding. Good luck

    ReplyDelete